School lamentations

I am most definitely sick and tired of sitting in lectures that are a utter waste of time. Many lecturers read from the slides- as if we can't read! And they woffle and spew rubbish, along with some misleading information at times. And many a time, the lecturers go so slooooooow, it's painful to sit in. So what do i do? I sleep. Or i read and highlight important points ahead, and then go to my own devices. Deeply saddened by the quality of teaching sometimes. The rarity of good lecturers upsets me, because more often than not, they teach very selectively and for short periods. I don't mind if what i'm studying is factual and mundane(like politics), but if it something like nursing that involves the fascinating body, and communication with patients and what not, personal experiences shared by the lecturer are invaluable. *sigh*

School is almost over, thinking of it. I have perhaps only about 6 months of academics left, the rest of which are clinicals.

I have decided to go ahead and try for my BCLS certification. I had 2 strips printed yesterday that at least showed that my 150 compressions were sufficient for a pass. Surprisingly, my wrists didn't hurt that much yesterday. But it's no wonder that my wrists hurt today. Main gist- rest my wrists before the test!

No comments: